Wednesday, August 8, 2012

What's up

So here's a follow up to my last post. Anyone still out there? lol. Y'all'll notice eventually.

Anyway, here's Violet Soul. I got it from Enkelini on Etsy. It's a super vivid purple holo, and WHAT a holo it is! These pics don't show its full awesomeness, but the mani is from weeks ago and I don't feel like wearing it again just yet.. but I did want to show you.

It has like no issues with streaks, but the formula is a bit thicker than what I'm used to with holos. The upside is that, like I said, it was waaayyy less draggy and wore unusually well. This is two coats.





On a whim I picked up Nina Ultra Pro Purple-Xing. Eh, not much to say- I didn't feel one way or the other about it. I was a bit underwhelmed, but the formula built nicely and was very much a jelly. The playful glitter and nice juicy finish probably will lend well to gradient manis later on. This is only two coats, because I don't mind VNL and I hate removing glitters.


I do have other polishes from Enkelini and another seller, Darling Diva from Etsy, but I'll save those for later. Spoiler? Unicorn piss! For now, take a look at this GORGEOUS polish from Girly Bits!
Aasjdjg. It's a jelly! And there's fine glitter! This has so much going on. Now when I got my bottle, I felt like the formula was different from what I had seen online from earlier batches. There was SO MUCH GLITTER that you couldn't see any black at all. A little frown-worthy but that just means I got more for my money, right? I topped off the bottle (there wasn't much room at all- it was almost entirely full) with a black jelly franken I had around and that seemed to make it better. It has purple and green glitter, some gold, some (holo?) blue, and a little pink, topped of with LOTS of holo glitter. Take a look at a blurry pic-

Holy jank! I mean, that's just crazy. It's so glamorous, faceted and deep. I absolutely love it.

By the way, you may have noticed that my nails are pretty long. I'm filing the sides out as they grow which seems to have totally ended the side-splitting and curling that my nails used to develop when they grew out before. No more squoval for me; almond all the way.

Stay tuned, ciao~

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know the deal. Behave. I don't moderate but I will delete if needed.