Wednesday, August 15, 2012

So, I am normally all out of whack with keeping up with polish releases. I don't feel bad about that- I just have different things that I spend my time doing. However, when I saw OPI's Germany collection over at Scrangie I knew I had to pick up Every Month is Oktoberfest. I was sold on the plumness in the blue base. Of course, it reaches bottle color (more red) in three coats, which is why I only used two here:
sunlight
shade

In other news, let me show you one of my new Indie polishes. It's called Dangerous Driver (a very understandable name!) and it's sold by Darling Diva Polish on Etsy. It's listed as a holo version of Clarins 230, which is and isn't accurate. It isn't because the color shift particles are overwhelmed by the holo particles, for the same reason that it *is* like 230: It's thin as all get out. I don't like to layer my multi/duochromes over black because that often wipes out the base color; the deal with multichromes is that there are only so many shifts, so ideally you end up with a bunch of overly similar polishes if you layer them all over black. However, this one took like 4 to 5 coats to get to bottle color! There is still some VNL, but as stated before that doesn't bother me. The formula was very easy to apply, however, doesn't seem to be chipping despite the length of my nails and how much I type, and the bottom line is that it's still a holo and I still love it.

sun
shade

indoors, sorry for the blurry pic.

So as you can see, the color shift is mild. However, it is a tad stronger than these pics can show. Ain't that just the way of things? Stay tuned, because I have a few polishes I picked up in my forever-long absence that I realized I have not taken NOTDs of, and also more Unicorn Piss!
Ciao~



No comments:

Post a Comment

You know the deal. Behave. I don't moderate but I will delete if needed.