Tuesday, August 17, 2010

INTERMISSION! Lots of pics~

So I'm taking a pause from my Zoya haul because A) I'm getting INSANELY backlogged, and B) because Adina is taking a while to get here! I've also been very busy with my Organic Chem class, so forgive the lack of posts. Once I get back on my feet again, I'm going to work up more Health Tips for you all, when I have time to research it.

So. A few weeks ago I spied this new WnW in the store. It *looked* like a dark violet base with blue pigment, much like how Let's Groove and Daddy's Girl are actually purple pigments in blue bases. But it isn't, really. It was blue. Now blue is a color I HATE to wear, save on my eyelids. I don't know why, but that color doesn't vibe with me. ...but...strangely enough, I wore this for days. I enjoyed it. At first, I didn't understand why, but then my color memory kicked in: This deep, saturated blue is the same color as a crayon I used to love, called Ciel Blue. So, here we have Blue Moon:


I can't remember how many coats this was, but I remember it was very opaque, so it's probably 2. It wore surprisingly well.

Also that week, I picked up some Hot Topic polishes. They have no label, and are really cheap.
It's a red glitter in a jelly base, an extremely dark purple something, a taupe creme, a string holo in a grey jelly base that looks just like GOSH Bright Passion and L.A. Girl Supernova, a black holo glitter polish, and a black silver glitter polish. Here are the swatches:
Huh. Unexpected. The red and the dark purple were matte, but the purple is a jelly!. But that taupe is very nice, no? So is the string, but it's nothing special (aside from saving shipping and money if you want its dupes). Here they are with topcoat:
And the last two blurred for glitter. The silver glitter polish was a jelly<3:


Also, I seem to have China Glazes that I haven't swatched for some reason. WTF. Anyway, here's LOL. I skipped out on buying this when I got OMG because for some reason, I felt that a colored holo was dumb. DUMB? Come on, it's purple!


More stuff coming up! You'd best believe I'm in on those Orlys...>.>



2 comments:

  1. Shame on you not liking blue polish. lol! Me loves blue polish :) I only own 1 hot topic polish a deep green I haven't used yet.

    checkout my makeup blog
    http://macuponmymind.blogspot.com
    checkout my hair blog
    http://ohmysisterlocks.blogspot.com

    Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shame , shame, shame, I LOVE BLUE Polish, but I'll admit everyone has their "IT color" :):)

    I can not wait till you get "Adina", I love that polish! I need that China Glaze holo, I missed on the OMG collection and I love that color on your hands!

    ReplyDelete

You know the deal. Behave. I don't moderate but I will delete if needed.