Friday, June 11, 2010

VI and Wild card

I'll start off with Wet n' Wild Wild Card. I keep calling this interlude, because that was the French name on the label, and it sounds better. There is nothing wild about this polish. I thought it would be a sheer, but it's not. I also only reviewed it until now, because the first time I tried it it bubbled up like alka seltzer >:[ I don't know why, because it gave me no problems this time...

indoor

halogen

lol soap opera lighting!

sun

shade


Wild Card is a nice lilac with a bit of interesting depth. The formula was okay, but chips easily. You can see how the base mutes and the shimmer goes a little golden, indoors. Here's a retarded girly ruffian I did after it chipped less than 24 hrs later. The color combo is baaaaad, but I just wanted to see if I could get the brush strokes remotely right.


Anyway, after this, I looked at my uploads list and GEEZ, everything's in the aubergine/purple family! I had to do something else! So here's China Glaze VI. I wanted this color hard, and I don't know why. It looks deeper on lighter skin- on mine the orangeness just POPS which isn't a bad thing, I just don't like it as much. It's a burnt orange with self glass fleck shimmer. And a 2 coater. And doesn't cuticle drag. So yay!

indoor

soap opera window xD

sun

shade

Orange! Not bad. I'm not a brights type of person, but this is still a cute summery color and I won't be getting rid of it. I really wish I'd been able to find SH Hidden Treasure, or bought Nfu Oh 49 (it was out of stock last time), because they'd look GORGEOUS over this. But I'm getting Nubar 2010 when I get my other duochromes from them, because there's no need to pay Nfu price for a flakie, and I can never find Hidden Treasure. It is very Hidden. Anyway, Ciao!

1 comment:

  1. Like them both but especially the first one. :)
    Susie

    ReplyDelete

You know the deal. Behave. I don't moderate but I will delete if needed.