Friday, May 21, 2010

NYX Sale!!

 Okay, let me just tell you that before I was a polishaholic, I was a lipglossaholic. However, when I decided to stop putting random carcinogenic chemicals and parabens on my face, I threw all of my glosses away, and instead, replaced them with natural alternatives. More on those later. What you need to know is that I made myself every color I could ever want, and it was cheap, and fun, but the gloss doesn't have the sort of lasting power that I wanted and isn't thick enough. Now if I wanted, I could reformulate it- it's easy enough to do. BUT I DON'T WANT TO. However, this has led me to one very big roadblock when it comes to finding lipgloss:

It is extremely hard to find gloss with no parabens in it, or even brands that care to divulge their ingredients.

And I think it's totally f**ked up that they don't. Ingredients are on my lotion, my food, my conditioner, etc. What makes my face so different? And ladies, why are we using products by companies that want to keep secrets from you? Ugh, don't get me started.

Anyway, in the lipgloss arena, NYX provides. I'm probably going to go to Ulta and haul, or slowly start replenishing my collection with them. I think some of their glosses are a bit oversexualized, but that's all in good fun.  They've got pots, tubes,...pocket rockets. And a good selection of colors. I prefer glosses that look like jelly, with no shimmer, although that's not always true.

NYX is also making me consider their Glitterati palette. The first time I saw it I was like "Ugh wtf is THAT'...but you know? The looks  you can get with it pack a punch, and I'm in to that on my eyes. HowEVER the palette is cremes, and apparently they haven't figured out how to put the preservative from their lipgloss into that, because it has parabens. I'm not so hot  on that.

Anyway, CherryCulture  is having a 25% off sale on NYX, an already affordable brand. Do check it out!


 I probably won't participate...I dunno, maybe. But they have a huge display in my Ulta.

In other news, we're getting a camera soon! Which is good because I have a few new polishes...

1 comment:

You know the deal. Behave. I don't moderate but I will delete if needed.