Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Burt's Bees Soap Bark and Chamomile

So.. Two weeks since a post? Yeah. Still no camera. We're working on it. In the meantime, I'm just DYING to swatch polish, and shadows and glosses. Ugh! I've accumulated some new Orlys, Sinfuls and Color Clubs- The Bed, Bath and Beyond by me put in a huge display! They have a lot of polish  anyway, though. Anyway, it's been two weeks since I said that I wanted to review that Burt's Bees cleanser...


 Now, this is not specifically formulated for acne. However, that having been said, it does work. I've seen a reduction in those pesky little sparse grainy pimples I still get. The cleanser is totally smooth and creamy, with the consistency of a benzoyl peroxide cleanser. It is extremely gentle on skin, and doesn't tingle or burn. In fact, if it gets around your eyes, it still won't burn, though it is mentholated so your eyes would water. Cons? I really really hate the way it makes my face feel after I've rinsed it off- Though water its the first ingredient, it really does not act water based at all, and stays creamy as it's being rinsed. So what happens is that my face still feels like...thick and a bit oily  after it's gone, so I wipe it off with a towel and don't use moisturizer. Now, believe me, I don't believe oil is bad for my skin; I did oil cleansing for quite a while, and my favorite  home made moisturizer is shea butter based. But I dunno. I think because I don't use moisturizer, though, my skin feels a little oily after I wake up. I don't think that's the Burt's Bees fault. 

Anyway, it retails for $8-$9 bucks, and in my experience, it does work. I  might consider getting their acne stuff, but I'm still on the fence. I actually don't like Burt's Bees as a company, but that's a story for another day...

No comments:

Post a Comment

You know the deal. Behave. I don't moderate but I will delete if needed.