Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Kinky Curly Charity!

 So in a lull at work today I came across this post on the Newly Natural blog, and was pleasantly surprised! I had no idea that this was going on. Basically, for every purchase you make from Kinky Curly, a portion of that money goes to 'Charity:Water'. This is definitely something I can get behind, because I feel it's a tragedy that we waste water everyday; letting it drip from our faucets, making useless plastic bottles with it, watering our lawns so the neighbors don't look down on you, lounging in an hour long shower every day... it's a shame, because in other countries, people can't even bathe, drink or cook with it really- there just isn't enough, and often what they do have is contaminated.

As far as the products themselves go, I have used Knot Today and really loved it. It left my hair soft, and not crunchy, and had suuuuper slip. I have used it to set and as a leave-in. It is kinda pricey for that little bottle, but hint hint: it works just as well with some water in it, so you can cut it 50/50 to dilute it, if you want. That's how *I* felt, anyway, maybe it'll work for you. As I slowly.. slowly... creep away from my protein overdose (IT'S SO BAD), I'm considering getting something from Miss Jessie's or Qhemet Biologics for braid outs, but I'm definitely going to get a pomade or custard from KC instead, because I'm feelin that charity. If you want to know more about the whole shebang, look here at their campaign page

2 comments:

  1. I hear kinky curly is a very good product. My daughter is natural and she does youtube videos her name is prettydimples01

    I have sisterlocks so I can't use these products but, if I was a loose natural I would give them a try :)

    nailsbeautiqued.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I've seen her videos! Neat~ Yeah I don't think any of their products are light enough for locks but they don't leave a residue (well the setting gel might but that's just common sense). Even if you don't need their stuff you can always spread the word or just donate to the charity. have a good day!

    ReplyDelete

You know the deal. Behave. I don't moderate but I will delete if needed.