Friday, April 9, 2010

Essie: Chinchilly and Rockstar Skinny

These are two of my favorite Essies. In fact, I only own 4 Essies, and of them 3 are among my favorite overall colors. Why? Because these two are grey and burgundy, my two FAVORITE colors, and the other is a coral I will swatch later, and coral is one of my primary colors for cosmetics, after berries and peaches. On to the pics!


I love this!

Originally I had been torn between this and ChG Recycle, but after much digging, I found enough word of mouth that Recycle is cooler, and Chinchilly is more of a putty. I need that because I am a very yellow-toned brown, and something cool bluish grey would probably look TERRIBLE on me.

Note the silver flash. It reminds me of satin.

in the shade bein' glossy


As you can see, there can be some cuticle drag if you're not careful. It's the drag that keeps this from being a consistent two coater, but it can be. It's a burgundy, or plum if you like, with a silver flash- not so much a shimmer. Both of these have the same, agreeable formula. And I have loved them both since spying the bottles. They wear pretty well, Chinchilly for longer than Rockstar Skinny, but maybe that's just me. There's some tipwear on the RS pics, but that's because I type 16 hours a day or more, and it was the 3rd day. Not bad!

1 comment:

  1. Both look great on you!! I'm glad I got chinchilly and it looks great on brown skin. Now, I don't have to be afraid of it...will pull it out of my untrieds thanks to you :)

    nailsbeautiqued.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

You know the deal. Behave. I don't moderate but I will delete if needed.